History of ETIMEX PRIMARY PACKAGING


1950

Founding of the company in Stuttgart

1956

Entrance into plastics processing with PE for films and bags

1965

Manufacturing start and commercial launch of PE MINIGRIP® bags

1966

Start of extrusion of highly transparent PP films by cast film technology

1975 - 1980

Development and production start of laminating films based on PE and PP

1981

Extrusion of PET sheet and launch of thermoformed PET trays

1986 - 87

Manufacturing and thermoforming of PP/EVOH/PP sheet, substantial increase of production capacity

1988-1989

Development of a special manufacturing process under clean room conditions for thermoforming PP films PURELAY® for the pharmaceutical and medical industry

1992

Launch of PP monomaterial packaging solutions

1995

Markteinführung von PP-Peelfolien, umfangreiche Investitionen

Market launch of PP peelable films, extensive investments

2002

Realignment of the product range, focus on thermoforming

2006

Increase of manufacturing capacity for C-PET and PP barrier trays

2010

Sale of ETIMEX SOLAR GmbH, a manufacturer of EVA sheet for the PV industry

2011

Start of injection moulding production for trays, pots and lids

2013

Launch of injection moulding with barrier materials achieved by co-injection – for trays, pots, lids and „plastic cans“

2014

Investment into a production hall with higher hygienestandards than required for BRC/IoP

2015

Investment in thermoforming, for lids / APET / CPET / barrier trays


ETIMEX Primary Packaging and ETIMEX Technical Components are part of the independent and management owned ETIMEX Group with registered office in Dornbirn, Austria.